Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what’s important!
The Quality Manager will be responsible for leading plant Quality improvement efforts, managing vendor quality programs, reduce CIO’s and customer concerns through root cause analysis, work closely with customers and internal technical sales to promote future sales opportunities, gain customer expectations and assist in future projects. As a member of the plant leadership team assist to drive continuous improvement efforts and plan skill development opportunities the production operations groups. This role will additionally lead and manage the plant compliance and certification programs with outside agencies and customers to ensure our operation reaches the highest quality and food safety standards.
- Develop, implement and maintain QA and Compliance policies, systems and standard operating procedures.
- Provide plant leadership to meet and improve product quality standards and engaging all employees to achieve local objectives.
- Assess department training and resources to meet guidelines and planning goals including off-site warehousing controls.
- Maintain customer quality satisfaction through the implementation and use of programs to control raw materials, in-process materials, production process, environmental conditions and finished products.
- Facilitating the resolution of complex quality issues, including identification of the root cause and development and implementation of corrective action.
- Apply QA systems, procedures, and practices to document all activities and maintain manufacturing recordkeeping activities including management of plant pest control program.
- Manage food safety programs to insure product is produced in compliance with current food safety certification program.
- Ensure timely testing is completed and plant personnel are trained in latest procedures in conjunction with customer specifications and corporate/industry standards such as ANSI/ASQC Q9001-2008 and BRC requirements including all required documentation.
- Assuring compliance with Corporate and Divisional QA/QC policies and procedures, as well as applicable health/safety laws and regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Engineering, Quality or Management and/or Specialized training equivalent to a four yeardegree.
- Minimum 5 years of QA/QC experience in the plastics or packaging industry.
- Extensive knowledge of auditing, SOP’s, GMP’s, FDA, and quality systems.
- Working knowledge of packaging related food safety programs, BRC is helpful.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated success managing multiple projects and objectives.
- Extensive experience with root cause corrective action.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills.
- Detailed understanding of all plant operations and functions to interact and contribute to the business leadership group.
- Working knowledge of JDE required. Experience with PVC desirable.