ASO provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia, ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure smooth and continuous operations.
Under general direction of the Quality Manager, plans and administers the Quality Management System internal audit program, performs inspections, evaluates policies, procedures and work instructions, conducts property inventories, and maintains the project quality site PM-Online. Advises management on process effectiveness, quality and efficiency.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists project leadership in evaluating performance work statement (PWS) requirements compliance through management of an internal audit program, consisting of section chief self-inspections and project supervision quality control inspections (QCI)
- Performs QCIs in all PWS functional areas
- Perform semi-annual Air Force Management Internal Control Toolkit (MICT) functional inspections where required by the PWS
- Coordinates with government contract officer representatives (CORs) on their quality assurance surveillance program, and on other external government inspections/audits
- Coordinates with Akima Corporate Quality to provide documents and other information during their periodic ISO 9001:2015 compliance audits
- Reviews procedures and work instructions and provides feedback to section chiefs; maintains configuration control of project work instructions
- Assists with property administration by conducting inventories and managing updates in the Akima Asset Management System
- Oversees PM-Line, the sharepoint site used for the project Quality Management System
- Knowledge of a wide variety of base operating support functions, procedures, practices, and processes
- Ability to assess, inspect and evaluate the effectiveness and suitability of base operating support functions
- Ability to communicates clearly and effectively and promote, establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear, concise and effective manner
- Five (5) years of experience in a multi-functional, large organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from accredited college/university
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.