The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for being the point person for Quality Assurance needs for 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc. brands including Goodsey, Fruit Bouquets, Shari's Berries & 1800Flowers hardgoods and food. The QA Manager will also be responsible for training vendors and associates as needed and ensuring that all required products are compliant with all relevant regulations which include but not limited to FDA CPSC, EPA, California Prop 65, TCPH regulations etc. Providing auditing support to different drop shippers, MDC's and packing locations, Where necessary approving vendors sending products to testing labs, CAPA for complaints, audits, production reviews, incoming products reviews, managing 3rd Party's drop shippers and other tasks as assigned. Travel as needed up to 30%.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approving vendors for Food, Reusable products and baby products to ensure compliance with FDA, EPA, CPSC, California Prop 65, TPCH regulations etc.
- Managing and overseeing the Food Safety Plan's at the above referenced locations including the GMP's & food & product safety fundamentals.
- Auditing drop shippers' and supplier processes and locations if needed.
- Training employees as needed on GMP's, HACCP and FSMA Food Safety initiatives.
- Taking appropriate action to ensure the integrity of Food Safety System & product compliance.
- Managing up and communicating information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety & product safety system.
- Have completed HACCP, FSMA PCQI training courses.
- Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP& FSMA based food safety systems and CPSC product safety systems.
- Meet all Quality Assurance Deadlines for both internal & external customers & stakeholders.
- Ensuring that required products are sent to 3rd Party labs for testing labs for approval before production of product begins by supplier
- Maintain tracking system for all QA projects to ensure they are being performed in a timely manner and that the results are accurate and communicated promptly.
- Managing up to the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Communicating with stakeholders' pertinent information/procedures that may have changed or been added.
- Investigating customer complaints & managing meetings on product safety & complaints with stake holders.
- Following up with suppliers on required tasks and documents.
- Ensure all food, baby & reusable production samples meet specifications:
- Attend internal process meetings
- Maintain tracking system for all QA products to ensure they are being tested in a timely manner and that results are forthcoming promptly
- 4 Year College Degree in Food Science, Biology or the Sciences
- 3 -- 5 Years experience in a Food Safety, CPSC, Prop 65 , TPCH and other applicable compliance requirements.
- Proficient with required computer programs such as Excel,
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in written form, written communications must be concise and easily understood
- Calm, tactful and helpful demeanor at all times when dealing with customers
- Great organizational abilities
- High energy for fast-paced environment
- Ability to switch gears quickly as issues arise