Position at Worldwide Express
Quality Assurance Lead
The Quality Assurance lead oversees efforts associated with ensuring products released to customers error-free and with expected or better performance. This includes providing input on the design, and direct engagement in the development and implementation of an automated testing framework that can be used for test driven development as well as continuous functional testing as part of agilescrum development including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). In addition, this position will utilize appropriate test tools and practices as defined by the Director of QA and the Architecture Council for functional, performance and destructive testing, as well as building in quality standards throughout the SDLC to avoid defects and minimize rework and waste. This position will mentor and lead a team of quality assurance engineers who will be embedded in scrum teams and/or experts focused on honing more advanced testing practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Support design, develop and implement an automated testing framework. Develop and implement testing practices and tools as part of the framework which ensure releases are defect-free and perform at or better than expected levels
- Provide technical leadership for a team of Quality engineers through test strategy, approach, direction communication and documentation
- Learn the Worldwide Express business and ensure the Quality Assurance team understands business requirements at a detailed level
- Coach and train the quality assurance team as well as the scrum teams on effective testing practices, including test driven development
- Develop performance and destructive testing practices and methods to ensure software performs as expected in production and capacity needs are well understood
- Automate the regression testing and ensure quality practices are built into the SDLC and DevOps practices
- Ensure that business requirements are fully met before each release; certify releases for quality and completeness of functionality
- Assist in reviewing, analyzing and documenting business and user requirements for technology product development.
- Closely collaborate with other technology and business users to ensure business and technical requirements are understood and met.
- Generate periodic test reports showing test metrics (defects trending, planned vs actual testing progress) (ne7xzu)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science, Engineering or related preferred
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance/engineering testing experience in a web application environment Testing User Interfaces, Web services, Microservices, API’s application components
- 3+ years of hands-on scripting/coding experience in any one of the below Java automation testing tools such as Spock, REST-Assured, Selenium WebDriver, Gatling, Junit, Geb, Java, Groovy, C++, .Net or other similar tools which uses object oriented programs
- 2+yrs of hands-on experience testing REST Api's and Microservices using automation tools such as REST-Assured or similar tools
- 2+yrs of experience leading a team of Quality Assurance Analysts/Quality Engineers
- Experience in a Continuous Integration/Delivery/DevOps environment supporting weekly or daily production deployments
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company.
- Detailed understanding of Quality Assurance tools, practices and success measures. Known to others for knowledge and leadership in this area.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Common business practices and software product design and development.
- Building collaborative relationships.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
- Technical Expertise.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program