Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Lead based at our Metrotown corporate office in Burnaby, BC. The Quality Assurance Lead will be responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining consistent quality assurance standards. The successful candidate will also establish or leverage new or existing testing tools and automated testing to improve software quality, reduce delivery time, and reduce risks to the business. The Quality Assurance Lead will spearhead QA projects and program resources, ensuring test cases and procedures are developed and implemented from specified project requirements.
What You'll Do
- Ability to apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Establish common work processes, standards, and tools; coordinate test activities across project teams to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with other work groups to establish standard test environments and test data.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to analyze, design, develop, and maintain quality assurance software development documentation for a variety of projects & key initiatives.
- Perform evaluation of products and systems to determine candidates for automation.
- Provide awareness and importance of quality assurance and performance engineering with stakeholders and application teams across different projects & key initiatives. Develop automation test strategies that will enhance test execution and the consistency of regression testing.
- Conduct moderate to complex testing, troubleshooting, analysis and reporting on various systems development including unit, integration, systems and acceptance tests in order to maintain the viability of the system.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Provide leadership to the QA team and continue to develop the QA practice.
- Train, coach, and mentor QA staff or testing resources where needed.
What You Offer
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science, or equivalent in education/experience.
- 5+ years or more experience in a quality assurance and testing environment and project management experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in quality assurance and testing methodologies, as well as SDLC.
- Some experience leading or managing resources.
- Familiarity with systems analysis and devising test cases from functional/non-functional requirements documents and traceability matrices.
- Direct hands-on experience with SQL queries, testing tools, and reporting software.
- General understanding of project management concepts and techniques.
- Strong decision-making skills for problem identification and recommending solutions.
- Experience with:
- Microsoft technology and applications, particularly Azure DevOps
- Informatica or other integration platforms
- Service Now ITBM and ITSM
- Experience as a developer would be an asset.
- Strong ability to design and provide innovative solutions.
- Experience with complex technical environments.
- Good verbal and written skills in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate business concepts effectively to technical staff.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and information effectively to non-technical staff.
- Strong work ethic, efficient and productivity oriented.
- Keen attention to detail.