The Quality Assurance Integrated Testing Lead will be responsible for establishing and managing a centralized testing organization supporting a major program as Mass Mutual. The person in this role will be responsible for the strategic direction and decisions related to QA testing within this program. In addition, you will own all testing activities and deliverables for required testing for projects. The scope of activities associated with this includes people management, demand management, resource planning and allocation, assist with environment requirements, automation, test execution, etc.
This role will require an individual who has proven expertise of QA methodologies in Agile and waterfall development methods and implementing best QA practices in delivering high quality products that meet company/industry standards, strong communication skills, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Create and manage the QA integrated testing function, including developing the strategy for supporting a large IT program.
- Implement a consistent testing methodology and approach across the organization (includes creation of testing templates, creating/updating processes and procedures, providing input to demand management, develop entry and exit criteria, and developing appropriate testing metrics).
- Manage day-to-day operations of Quality Assurance Testing team (includes managing overall QA timelines, understanding project/testing dependencies, managing testing resources, managing testing budget, and verification of environment stability). Provide additional automation experience, and support for testing tool. Maintain high levels of quality of the testing support required.
- Participate in departmental strategic and budgetary planning processes.
- Manage vendor participation in QA testing activities.
- Manage the QA team; including - hiring, performance management, coaching and career development.
- BA/BS degree in Business Management, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience in the financial services industry is highly desirable.
- 10+ years of work experience in IT QA testing.
- Strong understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle; knowledgeable of various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Must have experience working through all phases of software development lifecycle including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deploy, and maintenance.
- Work experience in project management desired.
- Possess hands-on experience with quality management solutions such as HP Quality Center, QMetry, Jira, etc.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and be a self-starter, solution seeker.
- Must be extremely resourceful and enthusiastic.
- Display a capacity to learn quickly and respond well to changes and opportunities.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess ability to build strong relationships with business and IT leaders and be able to negotiate with them.
- Possess strong ability in dealing with ambiguity.
- Authorize to work in the US with or without sponsorship now or in the future.