WideOrbit is the technology platform for media companies to connect audiences and ads, everywhere. Its mission is to simplify media buying and selling by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation for both sides of media transactions. Starting with its core traffic management solution, WideOrbit centralizes operations and streamlines workflows for radio, cable, and television companies. The company continues to introduce new benefits to the media industry, including a programmatic media exchange for increasing demand for advertising inventory and improving campaign efficiency. WideOrbit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide. Customers include NBCUniversal, Tribune Media, Entercom Communications, Raycom Media, TEGNA, AMC Networks and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbit has an exciting opportunity for a QA Engineer to help build out a central test management system and become part of our expanding QA department for our WO Streaming product. WO Streaming is the digital radio product suite of WideOrbit. The full suite of WO Streaming products, along with WideOrbit’s leading industry ad management software, offer the best in class digital monetization solution.
If you love running several projects at the same time, can take initiative and think no problem is too big to solve this could be the role for you! The right person will have the motivation to look at the code, run through it and make recommendations for improvements.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Partner with our QA, Developers, Product Management and Customer Support to understand, verify features and requirements in all phases of the software development cycle successfully.
- Recreate, regress customer reported issues in our software products.
- Use testing tools design and execute end-to-end product QA activities including functionality, usability, integration, compatibility, regression and acceptance testing.
- Provide estimates on test completion schedules and report on test progress.
- Define testing requirements/objectives, and author test cases for highly complex technical issues.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifications.
- Verify report accuracy through queries on relational databases.
- Prioritize and multitask projects throughout sprints.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years software QA experience with cloud and standalone applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience with Virtual Machines (i.e. VMware or Microsoft VM)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby, and Python
- Experience working with SQL and understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of automated testing, QA tools and frameworks
- Experience with test management software ideally with Jira
- Previous experience developing and implementing regression and feature test suites is required
- Excellent documentation skills and commitment to quality
- An understanding of quality assurance methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Exceptional communicator, with a passion for organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving
- Willingness and curiosity to learn new systems, concepts, and broaden knowledge in the industry
- Proven ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and make well thought through and fast decisions
- Accustomed to making decisions with little supervision or direction with a “can-do, make-it-happen” attitude
- Makes wise decisions within the context of existing information and goals. Solves root causes of problems vs symptoms. Thinks strategically. Prioritizes work intelligently.