As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, you’ll be responsible for fully testing WebPT’s existing and new software applications to ensure consistent delivery of quality, stable, and scalable product solutions. This includes designing, building, collaborating, and deploying effective test automation solutions across WebPT’s suite of products. As you perform these tasks, you will adhere and be a champion of software Quality Assurance best practices as you apply appropriate Automation Technologies meet both short- and long-term goals of WebPT’s QA program.
In this role, you’ll work closely with a Scrum, Kanban, and Cross functional teams to develop and execute manual and automation test suites that exercise software features and functionality throughout the development and release life cycles.
You’ll adhere to software Quality Assurance best practices as you perform functional, regression, and exploratory testing to flush out any defects before product delivery.
To be successful in this role, you have a customer-focused mindset, maintain detailed standards, and be proactive to ensure we are meeting expectations for to deliver high-quality products.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance, Software Development, and Release Management Best Practices.
- Review function and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test scenarios or case requirements, and design test coverage plans.
- Help create acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Create and execute test cases for defect corrections and enhancements to ensure system functionality satisfies acceptance criteria.
- Create, document, and maintain functional test cases and exploratory charters and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual and automated test cases/suites and report test results to ensure that system functionality satisfies acceptance criteria.
- Lead in Regression lifecycle on a Scrum team to delivery for Production.
- Use SQL database tools to perform SQL backend testing and validate that the sites and systems meet design requirements.
- Facilitate test artifact or root cause analysis reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify and submit potential quality issues and errors per defined process and escalate those issues, as needed, to management.
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects to verify defect fixes.
- Work with our customer service team to investigate member-reported issues and find solutions or workarounds.
- Share test results, status updates, and metrics with management and team leads.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies.
- Interface with engineering, product, and support teams.
- Support On call and deployment rotation schedules.
- Know some of the ins and outs of web-based applications (e.g., how to test them, how to support them, what their favorite food is. You know, important stuff) or want to learn more about them.
- Know how to manage and learn about test scenarios and cases, and document and report those test results like a pro.
- Dream of software development life-cycles, QA best practices, and healthcare concepts, because you think about them so often that they’ve crept into your subconscious mind.
- Be one with the interwebs. You know the capabilities and limitations of the major web browsers.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Be highly motivated. You’re able to self-navigate your way through ambiguity.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. You’re expected to tackle our toughest problems, so you need to know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively).
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our company culture. We’re talking energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for defect management and reporting. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, though, we love chips.
- A least 6 years of software Quality Assurance and/or Development experience and basic understanding of its standards, guidelines, processes, and usage.
- Experience in Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in Java.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) (Cucumber preferred).
- Experience working on Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) environments.
- Experience in Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Experience in SQL and/or MySQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Able to keep up in a fast past environment.
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment.
- Experience testing web applications and different types of testing approaches.
- Experience in automation solutions.
- Experience on front, middle, and back-end testing.
- Experience in risk management.
- Understanding different testing environments.
- Understanding release and deployment management.
- Experience with test case and defect management.
- Experience documenting and reporting test results.
- Experience supporting deployments.
- Experience with functional test automation, test automation, test-driven development, behavior-driven development, Agile software testing, and performance testing.
- Experience working in a startup technology company.
- Experience in healthcare.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.
Agile Intermediate MYSQL Intermediate Java Intermediate