A Quality Assurance Engineer at Procore tests all parts of the Procore web application to ensure that our product functions properly (this includes both manually testing the application and contributing to automated test suites). This position requires the ability to detect anomalies as well as test complex new features. Candidates will work closely with the Development team and the Product team to develop and assess the best solutions to meet client needs.
Successful candidates will have an eagle-eye attention to detail and experience with documenting process, actions, or reports. Our team is fast-paced, agile, and always working withdeadlines so you must be comfortable under pressure! This position requires strong organizational skills and a lot of problem solving – your background should match.
While we do not require candidates to hold a technical degree (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or background, applicants should be technically inclined, excited about technology and its applications, or self-described “techies”.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Attend daily meetings with the Development and Product teams to share personal objectives for the day and discuss pertinent concerns or issues
- Work larger projects: including tracking current progress or issues, designing and executing test plans at different stages of the project, or discussing tasking
- Testing new features and improvements to our Web application, fixes for bugs or user-reported issues
- Contribute to our automated test suite while also manually testing new features and improvements
- Ensure product quality and positive user experience across platforms
- Identify, document, and report bugs in test and production environments
- Create and maintain use cases, test matrices, and regression tests for new and existing features
- Coordinate information and tasks across multiple departments at Procore
- Gain and maintain a thorough and in-depth understanding of the Procore web application
- Facilitate the team’s development cycle (e.g., facilitate communication among team members, assist with sprint planning and backlog prioritization, remove impediments to meeting team goals, keep teams on task).
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Familiarity with SaaS-based products; Previous Web QA experience is a plus
- Familiarity with scripting (Ruby preferred), HTTP protocols, test frameworks
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) on an individual basis, as well as with larger groups
- Ability to utilize analytical thought processes