Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer will identify, analyze, and document problems with software applications following an established QA methodology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluates and tests new software applications according to business and functional requirements
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI testing, and white box testing.
- Applies test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and certification of products.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality for large and complex projects.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Participates in seminars, meeting and training provided by the company.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 2-4 years prior experience in Quality Assurance.
- Prior experience with small companies and dynamic projects.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life cycle and QA’s role in it.
- Solid Understanding of relational databases and SQL Server.
- Working Knowledge of HP test tools. (Quality Center/ALM)
- Experience with implementing and auditing test methodology and QA standards.
- Working experience with Soap UI or other XML testing technologies.
- Testing experience in a web-based e-commerce environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and understanding of the following systems, applications and software:
- Source control software, Web-based Internet software systems, SQL Server, Internet applications, internet configuration and information systems technologies, NT, UNIX and/or Solaris environments.