Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 176 days ago
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production. The QA Engineer will work with the devs on the team to validate Unit Tests as well as create functional tests. The QA Engineer will report to the Delivery Owner of the team. The QA Engineer will coordinate with the team and with Enterprise QA to build a cohesive and collaborative process of delivery in regards to testing.
The focus of the QA Engineer will be to ensure all changes to our applications are tested adequately. The QA Engineer will be responsible for ensuring test plans and test cases follow all standards and are appropriate on a project by project basis. The QA Engineer is responsible for using all test management tools according to standards.
Over time, the QA Engineer is responsible for building technical expertise in our applications.
• Create test plans and participate in Peer Reviews
• Modify test plans based on Peer Review feedback
• Provide input on risks so that Senior QA engineers, QA Specialists, and in some cases QA Managers can be informed.
• Provide input to QA and Release Specialists to prepare implementation timelines
• Participate in development of Test Data Strategy
• Assist QA Specialists in determining appropriate test environments
• Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
• Highlight requirement and design gaps as early in lifecycle as possible
• Create test cases according to standards – manual and automated
• Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
• Update Quality Center according to standard including mapping test cases to requirements
• Engage application development in defect resolution
• Flag test cases appropriate for regression libraries
• Participate in test case Peer Reviews
• Update test cases based on Peer Reviews
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
• May support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
• Become knowledgeable in the technologies used by Application Development organizations
• 4 year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of software testing experience
• Technical skills can include Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, XML, Web Services
• Knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following automation tools – UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI
• Knowledge of test repository or defect tracking systems
• Knowledge of financial markets/operations background
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
• Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
• Effective listening skills
• Financial services/brokerage experience preferred
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed