This person would be responsible for planning and arranging the labor, schedules, equipment and diagnostics required for testing and evaluating both standard and special devices. Specifies tests to be performed and provides test area with parameters for sample testing. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment and diagnostics, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for designing, developing and implementing cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment.
- Designs engineering solutions to test and evaluate systems, equipment, and devices based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
- Develops and implements test plans, schedules, and requirements for all portions of new and existing designs; designs and provides leadership for outsourced and in- house testing resources building and operating test tooling, fixtures, scripts, automation, and apparatuses.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced testing and development partners regarding testing status, project progress, test results, and issue resolution.
- Represents the test engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands-on experience test automation and testing, testing tools and software packages to automate test processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in Linux troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data (Hadoop ecosystem) and SIEM technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- QA/testing experience of complex distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience in AWS, AZURE, and GOOGLE cloud orchestration.
- Beginner to intermediate experience in python and shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience with windows and Linux operating systems.
- QA testing experience with a security or analytics product is a plus.