Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of TBK America objectives and goals. Perform to the manufacturing process, materials, and customers? specifications.
This position is perfect for someone with quality automotive experience that is ready to be part of a global company and impact root cause analysis for a growing leader in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a direct customer contact in relations to product quality.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Analyzes and interprets blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develops control plans from design sheets, and works withProduction/Engineering cross-functional team to design PFMEAs.
- Manages the warranty process, preparing, tearing down and documenting returned products.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendors.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures. Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurances activities.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities. Assists or leads activities/projects to improve the Quality Management System including coordinating, development, training and maintenance. This includes system audits, corrective and preventive action resolution and continuous improvement actions.
- Responsible for filling in for the Quality Technician when they are on vacation, called off, or taking a day off.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides to management recommended process improvements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Participates in external conference calls regarding quality concerns from customers and suppliers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor?s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years related quality role in an automotive / manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of measurement experience, having knowledge of calipers, bore gages and other related type of measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Internet Explorer.
- Experiencewith IPC and CMM are a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
TBK America will certify for the CMM, train on 6S, ISO/TS, and work instructions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 3years
- measuring equipment: 2years