What You Will Do
This position will be filled at either the Quality Assurance Engineer 1 or 2 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if the candidate is hired at the higher level.
The selected Quality Assurance Engineer 1 or 2 will participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of processes, procedures, and applications contributing to the overall objective of sustaining an effective weapons Production Agency Quality Management System. The selected candidate will receive day-to-day direction from a senior Quality Engineer and will be expected to work in either a high-explosive or nuclear manufacturing environment.
Quality Assurance Engineer 1 ($73,800- $120,400)
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure QA results, materials, processes, and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements.
- Work a specific product line as a junior quality engineer.
Quality Assurance Engineer 2 ($81,600- $133,400)
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Quality Engineer 2 will be required to:
- Use quantitative methods and tools to collect and summarize monthly and quarterly metrics data, implementing quantitative concepts in the process (e.g. statistical process control, process and performance capability, multi-variate statistical analysis, etc.)
- Own a discrete segment of the quality management system and will be expected to operate independent of more senior quality engineers.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Awareness of and/or experience with quality assurance activities including, but not limited to, system and/or performance audits, recommending and implementing corrective actions, providing thorough and accurate documentation of technical and/or statistical reports, and ensuring QA compliance.
- Knowledge and application experience of a recognized quality management standard such as ISO9001, AS9100, ASME NQA-1, or Federal Regulations or U.S. Department of Energy Orders germane to quality assurance.
- Ability to understand and interpret various physical, mechanical, and electrical documents, blueprints, drawings, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to research, interpret, and implement federal regulations and national standards.
- Basic technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, practices sufficient to comprehend and communicate requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experience interacting and effectively communicating with all levels of production agency personnel.
Additional Job Requirements for Quality Engineer 2 :
In addition to the Job Requirements outlined above, qualification at the Quality Engineer 2 level requires:
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing, chemical process or systems engineering principals. Actual experience with such a facility or system is required
- Technical experience developing and tracking corrective actions to completion within a structured system is require
- Experience working in either a high-explosive or nuclear work environment.
- Active DOE security clearance at the Q level
- Prior relevant experience conducting systemic corrective action processes, audits or surveillance activities under a recognized quality management system.
Quality Assurance Engineer 1 Education Required :BS STEM degree or relevant quality or business-operations degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Quality Assurance Engineer 2 Education Required: BS STEM degree or relevant quality or business-operations degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.