Job Skills / Requirements
The Quality Assurance Engineer plans and manages test activities, creates detailed test plans, and performs tests. They are responsible for understanding and implementing sophisticated testing processes and programs. Testing methodologies and concepts utilized in this position would include black box testing, unit testing, incremental integration testing, functional testing, system testing, end-to-end testing, sanity testing, regression testing, acceptance testing, load testing, stress testing, performance testing and usability testing.
• Develop testing plans and testing scenarios in accordance with the functional requirements and detail technical specifications provided by the design team to ensure code generated by the development team conforms to the specified requirements.
• Execute test cases and write defects as issues are identified. Provide recommendations to aid software development bug resolution.
• Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, integration, load and system testing.
• Accept responsibility for completeness and final quality of their work.
• Be involved with project plans detailing the expected level of effort and time required, and consistently meet the allocated milestones.
• Take the initiative to suggest new standards, implement new strategies, and take on special projects.
• Assist with support calls when requested and respond to beta testing reported incidents.
• Provide technical reviews or input for documentation as requested. Also participate in the technical design reviews for upcoming product changes.
• When reasonable, use automated testing tools to facilitate testing.
• Proactive, strong communications and ability to work well across teams
• Prefer a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Must have strong diagnostic skills to properly test software and measure the quality of the product.
• Must have a technical background to be able to create proper testing scenarios from the functional requirements and detail specifications.
• Must be able to take direction well but work independently, and have the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly.
• Must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude, personal integrity, problem solving ability, and the ability to handle stress.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Experience with SQL 2008/2012 and writing SQL queries.
• 3+ years of experience with QA testing on ERP type applications/systems.
• Have familiarity with administrative software for higher education.
• Experience with automated testing tools is a plus.[less]
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university