The QA Engineer works as a member of the Software Test Team within the Quality Assurance Department. As a QA Engineer at PGI you will be part of an energetic group of pioneers that are responsible for delivering world class audio, video, and screen sharing solutions across mobile, web, and desktop platforms. Collaborates with QA and Development teams to evolve policies, best practices, and testing frameworks for systems testing.
They also develop or work with Development to adapt and/or adopt test tools for all aspects of unique web applications, including user interfaces, performance, and stress testing.
In addition to creative, out of the box thinking and doing, the Engineer designs and implements automated system level test suites, frameworks, and test simulation systems. The Engineer develops system tests for team execution and assists in bridging the gaps across the team with technical and process expertise and experience.
- Interfaces with the Development team to understand feature design aspects and discuss system test strategies
- Interfaces with Product Management to determine product requirement priority and risk factors for business-driven test management
- Designs automated tests using a variety of test tools for team execution
- Mentors QA engineering staff
- Perform assigned test and evaluation activities which include writing test plans, developing test cases, executing test plans and writing test reports.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or other technical discipline (or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree)
• 5 years of relevant experience
• 2 years of recent hands-on test development experience
• Experience creating statistics
• Experience with test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Test Complete, or Silk)
• Experience with Mobile automation across both Droid and IOS.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Experience with automated, reservation-less conferencing, and browser-based videoconferencing.
• Experience developing and extending automated software testing tools
• Experience with continuous integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins, etc.)
• Experience in both black box and white box testing methodologies
• Strong test and diagnostic development skills
• Deep expertise in test methodology, process, planning, and execution
• Good communication (written and oral), analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Ability to learn very quickly and share knowledge with other team members
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, quality conscious environment
• Ability to perform SQL queries in relational databases
Requisition Number: 2503