Parsons is now hiring a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to our rapidly expanding Aviation division in the Newark NJ area. If you are the right one for us, you have a strong QA/QC background in construction projects, are focused on the details and already have some transportation projects under your belt! Responsibilities Include:
- Developing, maintaining and implementing a Quality Assurance Plan for a major aviation construction project
- Auditing and reviewing Implementation Contractor(s) Quality Assurance Program(s).
- Identifying and reporting quality issues or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources.
- Recommending and/or verifying implementation of appropriate corrective action for quality issues, in coordination with program management, engineering, purchasing, construction management and others.
- Reviewing from a quality perspective (and approving if required), documents prepared by internal or external organizations, such as quality manuals and procedures, technical deliverables, test plans and procedures, purchase orders, and subcontracts.
- Providing support to management for interface on quality activities with internal or external organizations (customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and others).
- Performing advanced statistical process control.
- Providing technical guidance to lower-level QA personnel.
- Performing other functions associated with this position as appropriate and directed by management.
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and a minimum of 10+ years of related work experience in the field of quality assurance for transportation construction projects.
- Experience performing QA/QC functions on an Aviation program is preferred.
- Lead Auditor certification (ISO 9001 or equal) or ASQ Certification (CMQ/OE, CQA, or CQE) is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Quality Management and auditing for projects of a similar nature (technology and complexity) to the Program.
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES: Requires knowledge of industry quality systems and standards, such as ISO 9000, ASME, ANSI, ASTM. Requires knowledge of quality assurance/quality control work practices, processes and current technology. Requires proficiency in the use of computers and software packages related to field. Requires the ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.