We have this open position in Nielsen’s Innovation division which is one of the peak divisions of Nielsen. As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer you will work on cutting-edge technologies in cloud based environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn. At Nielsen - Innovation we are investing heavily in new product development and expanding our SaaS platform used by many leading global companies. Join a close-knit, passionate team that collaborates in an Agile environment to develop great Web and Mobile products. We think about QA differently by valuing the big picture insights that QA engineers can provide on everything from the vision of what the product will bring to our clients to the technical details of its day-to-day functions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables by engaging in the full software testing process, using automated and manual testing techniques
- Participate in project planning to provide input on functional requirements, usability requirements, testing strategies, testing time estimates and potential problems.
- Plan test schedules and strategies in accordance with module scope or delivery dates
- Track all aspects of the project - scope, schedule, effort, risks, issues
- Identify risks and prepare action plan to mitigate risks
- Design & build manual and automated test scenarios by understanding the requirements
- Adopt various testing methodologies like exploratory, compatibility & regression testing to ensure features are usable, reliable and work as designed
- Collaborate with product owners, development team, UI designers to actively promote the quality goal.
- Identify and implement QA processes in support of providing quality products.
Required Skill Sets:
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Open, Collaborative and Inclusive
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of QA experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with test automation
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and development
- Strong Test validation and test debugging skills
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases.
- Self-motivated, independently identifies opportunities to learn and contribute.
- Experience with Web-application/Cross browser testing
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver will be preferred
- Knowledge of version control systems preferably Git
Additional Preferable Experience:
- Experience on any scripting language
- Experience of Database testing
- Experience of Security testing or Performance testing
- Experience working with Cloud based applications
- Experience working in onshore-offshore model
- Experience working in Agile-Scrum environment
- Understanding of software production release process
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or comparable experience