The Quality Assurance Engineer is a contract to hire position responsible for evaluating applications software developed by Konica Minolta's Solutions Engineering Center (SEC) and 3rd party partners that are seeking certification of their software with Konica Minolta MFPs. Candidate may also be required to develop QA Test Plans, generate QA Reports, and conduct software application training as need.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform software quality testing on applications developed for and deployed to multiple operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX).
- Write reproduction procedures for any anomalies encountered, and generate a complete final report.
- Work with programmers, application developers, project managers, technical writers, and other individuals to collect all information necessary to create effective QA Test Plans.
- Create QA test scripts and/or configure software testing tools to automate testing of software.
- Maintain QA equipment and prepare QA test environment. Work with multiple network operating systems (Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Novell, UNIX) and protocols.
- Conduct Training as needed on software applications developed by SEC.
- Conduct research and generate reports based on findings.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to conduct repetitive regression testing.
- Experience with evaluating software applications on Windows, Macintosh, Unix and Linux platforms.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications such as Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluent with various web browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with programmers to obtain information required to create and administer QA Test Plans.
- Ability to generate detailed QA Test Reports.
- Ability to demonstrate software applications, travel and attend trade shows.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Experience with bug tracking and versioning software such as CVS , Subversion, or GIT is a plus.
- Knowledge of PC networking and Network Operating Systems is a plus.
- Networking training or certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Printer Description Languages (PCL/PostScript) is a plus.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Information technology, etc.) OR 5+ years of work related experience.
- Certification in Software Quality Assurance is a plus.
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, company-provided disability and life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Ongoing professional development training including access to online Harvard Manage/Mentor courses
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Job Req ID: 717