The QA engineer works with the team on quality assurance and quality control of a product during the development and execution phases. Is part of a self-organized agile team and interacts with team members on release deliverables. Assists team members in supporting customer and implementation related issues. Demonstrates the capability to write, execute, and maintain automation test scripts. Installs and configures relevant products for the purpose of quality assurance.
- Develops and maintains test cases for a majority of the modules of a relevant product.
- Executes the manual test cases and scenarios and publishes the results.
- Participates in test case reviews.
- Develops and maintain test data for some modules.
- Installs and configures relevant products in all supported test environments.
- Conducts exploratory testing as needed or planned.
- Writes, executes and maintains automation test scripts.
- Identifies and reports software defects in an appropriate manner, and follows the defined defect lifecycle.
- Works with team members in troubleshooting the root cause of a defect and resolves the issue.
- Works with test management and test execution tools (such as viz., HP QC, and JIRA).
- Understands business requirements provided.
- Follows standard development processes and procedures.
- Plans and prioritizes work tasks with input from their manager.
- Proactively notifies managers of impairments to commitments.
- Proactively seeks or provides assistance as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience - Automation OR technical programming ability.
- Experience formulating test plans.
- Documentation - Use Cases/Test plans.
- Has worked with Agile teams
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Development background a plus
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Familiar with Windows SQL server databases
- Experience in testing Enterprise scale web applications
- Experience in using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience in building automated tests using tools such as Selenium
- Experience in testing APIs
Highly Desired Skills:
- Unit Testing
- Continuous Integration
- Version Control
- Experience of FitNesse
- Experience of Selenium
- Experience with JUnit tests