The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining the suite of automated functional, regression, load and stress testing scenarios in support of SAP, Extensions and Web applications. They will be responsible for assessing the accuracy of the business applications within Insight through the development and manual execution of test plans, test scripts and test cases using published methodology and documentation formats. Ultimately, the Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the stages of the Software Development Lifecycle are executed and that a quality product, that meets the outlined specifications, is delivered to the functional teams.
Insight is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
What you'll do at Insight:
- Defines, measures and refines the various processes used in the development of information systems at Insight.
- Provides both quality control techniques and quality assurance practices to help ensure the continued high level of quality in Insight business systems
- Responsible for working with the Technical Infrastructure group to ensure all environments are properly aligned to support testing objectives
- Developing, maintaining and executing manual functional test suites and automated regression test suites
- Authoring and publishing policies, procedures, standards and templates in support of Information Technology development and support disciplines.
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to review data, identify weaknesses, create a plan to action and close gaps
- Working with the Development and Technical Infrastructure teams to ensure environment integrity.
- This individual will work with the functional units to define various levels of application testing including functional (positive and negative), load, stress and general regression testing.
- Testing will be both automated and manual and this individual will work with the functional and technical analysts; as well as associated Super Users in determining the quality of our applications.
- Monitors existing practices to ensure development staff are following documented procedures required for both internal control of the Global Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and in support of audits
What you'll need to join Insight:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Experience developing test scripts, cases and supporting data, as well as experience testing business applications
- Experience using tools, i.e. JIRA, HP Quality Center, Load Runner, Keynote and Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Selenium to perform functional, automated, load, performance, and/or stress testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, plan and execute to a goal.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow.