The Quality Assurance Engineer II is responsible for performing quality checks, system tests, integration testing and performance testing for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Quality Assurance Associates, reviewing product requirements and developing test cases to test Accruent’s web based enterprise application. In addition, the Quality Assurance Engineer II will be expected to lead the team with creation of automated tests and must have a proven track record of technical leadership and project ownership.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review product requirements, documents, and create test cases to ensure code generated by the engineering team conforms to the specified requirements.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Perform system test and integration testing on the product.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Participate and mentor a Quality Assurance team that is responsible for ensuring all quality standards for the product are met.
- Automate the testing process by using test harnesses and automated test tools.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Mentor entry level Quality Assurance Associates on quality assurance and best practices.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, and hard work.
- Is an expert in at least one of the key initiatives in QA, Load Testing, Test Automation, Quality Assurance Processes, Security Testing, and Function knowledge.
- Assists in the definition and implementation of quality standards, processes and quality improvement programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of software quality assurance experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Successful completion of projects where programming languages are put to use to solve problems
- Experience with industry best practices
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience testing scalable enterprise web based applications
- Ability to formulate test plans, execute test plans and communicate the results to a technical audience
- Ability to understand end user issues and quickly determine steps to reproduce an issue
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and problem solving skills