This position is responsible for producing quality software by assisting a software development team in gathering requirements from the business and software users in order to produce specifications for programmers and testers. Validate that resulting software meets the requirements originally collected.
- Establish a high level of code quality by executing test cases at the acceptance testing level as part of the functional testing or regression testing of the product
- Record defects found and provide sufficient information for the resolution of those defects
- Document test cases in the test management software designed for functional and regression testing of the product
- Assist team members, product management, and technical support in identifying and resolving customer issues and product defects
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regards to software functionality
- Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Maintain a proficient knowledge and stay current with trends associated with software testing and quality assurance
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of testing tools, test cases, test plans, and test suites
- Basic ability to remain current on new quality assurance processes within the software industry
- Good ability to interpret and execute test cases stored in applicable test management software
- Basic ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Basic technical knowledge of broad business areas
- Good knowledge of applicable issue tracking tools
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site.