As a member of the development and quality assurance teams, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring software meets the standards set forth by the company. You will work closely with the team lead as you develop manual and automated test scripts. In this role, you will be a valued member of a scrum team that follows Agile methodologies.
What we want you to accomplish:
- Work with a dedicatedscrum team to help develop new features for the flagshipSaaS of theYearbook division.
- Create manual test scripts that serve as the basis of testing and documentation of the application. The QA team velocity should closely match that of the developers.
- Increase the coverage of the automated test scripts that are used to verify the application.
- Ensure that the team is maintaining proper testing coverage, as well as meeting industry standards.
- Work with the team leads to develop a plan to work toward continuous testing of the applications.
- Attend all meetings of the scrum team. This includes grooming sessions and sprint planning.
- Create and maintain manual test scripts utilizing QA Complete.
- Perform ticket and ad-hoc testing as required by the team.
- When appropriate look for new and more efficient ways to perform daily duties.
- Successfully worked in a scrum team following Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain manual test scripts while following industry standards.
- Created and executed a plan to increase automated test scripts on a large application.
- Examples of being able to “think like a user” and perform ad-hoc testing that uncovers hidden bugs in the application.
- Proven ability to create software test cases, scripts, status and report documents.
- Ticketing and bug tracking system
- QA script and automated testing suites (SmartBear preferred)
- Effective oral and written communication