GE is the world's DigitalIndustrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Healthcare's Analytics Solutions help transform data into actionable insights, and necessary for Healthcare Systems to improve patient outcomes and achieve operational excellence. As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Cloud Analytics Platform team, you will be developing core infrastructure capabilities that enable the ability to extract and interpret data across healthcare IT systems, devices and imaging equipment.
You will beresponsible for programming a feature and/or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and work with direction from the Senior Team Members or management, but work independently.In this role you will:
- Responsible for software quality for one or more components
- Create test cases, test plans and execute test plans per releaseschedule
- Develop automated tests to ensure software meets the acceptance criteria
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Work with software developers to understand the architecture and design of the various components
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with cloud development on azure or AWS
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Seattle,WA.
- Experience driving end-to-end software quality
- Experience in writing test plans, test automation, or test cases
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience with public cloud infrastructures such as Amazon or Azure
- Experience developing integration tests using java, junit, and jbehave
- Experience with browser test automation using Selenium/Webdriver and performance testing tools such as jmeter
- Experience with performance, scalability and reliability testing of distributed systems
- Knowledge of REST services
- Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks.
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources.
Locations: United States; Washington; Seattle
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.