The Quality Assurance Engineer, focused on the backend, will work with the engineering, product, design, QA, and release teams on the new and highly visible Data Cloud Portal (DCP) project.
The QA Engineer will collaborate with the development team to test and write test cases for code delivered in a brand new product that Dun & Bradstreet in launching this year, 2020. As a QA Engineer, you will write automated tests and code in order to create a suite of product automation and quality tools. A successful QA Engineer sees themselves as a technologist who is passionate about writing code and loves automating every task they can.
- Work closely with the Development team to ensure product quality in a fast-paced, agile environment. Write automated test cases.
- Automate, don't just verify and report.
- Take responsibility for the product and ultimately the quality of delivery.
- Proactively drive quality through collaboration, process improvement, innovative thinking, root cause analysis and experience.
- Write test plans and test cases for web applications, REST APIs, and data validation in a multi-tiered environment processing millions of rows of data.
- Support the product team during by-weekly product deployments to ensure flawless releases with extreme quality.
- Execute manual tests for new features and bug fixes. Create and execute automated test cases for UI and API-level verification. Identify, report, track, and verify issues
- Work with the Support team to understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years QA experience Experience testing web applications
- Experience testing at the API and Platform layer
- Experience writing test automation
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Ability to quickly understand complex applications and their interactions with integrated products
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or Watir WebDriver, and Ruby
- Experience with all or a combination of: Postman, Splunk, TestNG
- Well organized, disciplined and able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Strong communication skills, ability to write bug reports in a clear fashion
- Ability to articulate complicated interactions in an easy-to-understand manner.