About The Role
Lead all aspects of the Software Quality Assurance process with regards to SoFi’s development and maintenance of its data warehouse. This includes implementing test strategies, test plans, writing test cases, validating new features and filing clear bug reports.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 900. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Set the strategy for testing all data warehousing related features, enhancements and bug fixes
- Write complex SQL queries for data validation
- Create, execute, and maintain detailed test plans and test cases
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the development team
- Coordinate testing activities with the leadership team, product/project management and development to ensure delivery timelines satisfy business needs
- Be a champion for high quality software products and identify opportunities for improving QA strategies and results.
- Accurately assess risk level of code changes, and calibrate the testing approach as needed
- Demonstrate a love for problem solving, finding the tough bugs, and proving out applications
- Previous QA experiencedesired
- Strong SQL skills and previous experience with databases (i.e. SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Experience with database procedural languages such as PL/SQL is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, software engineering or computer science or equivalent experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong process, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be self-driven.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork abilities with QA and development teams