Cimarron is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to support the Space Network operations in Las Cruces, New Mexico at the National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA) White Sands Complex (WSC). This position maintains the Space Communication Network Services (SCNS) Quality Management System (QMS) for the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) Space Network (SN) operations. NASA's TDRS system provides communications to and from customers such as the International Space Station, among others.
The chosen candidate will act as the White Sands Complex (WSC) focal point for Quality Assurance (QA) and must ensure the TDRS SN operations are in compliance with the international standard AS9100. The candidate will function as the coordinator of the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and Non-Conformance Report (NCR) or Corrective Action Request (CAR) processes. Additionally, the individual will also serve as a backup for generating metrics reports when needed.
- Ensures that quality procedures adequately evaluate products and are controlled, if needed.
- Determines if current methods and techniques result in meeting quality standards or require modification.
- Collaborates with departments to ensure quality standards are in place and followed.
- Devises and assists in implementing methods and procedures to identify Root Causes (RCs) and Corrective Actions (CAs) to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Facilitates and documents RC Analysis (RCA) as part of the RCCA and NCR processes.
- Performs audits of the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment relative to specified requirements.
- Audits and maintains the SCNS Quality Management System (QMS) for compliance with the international standard AS9100. This may include, but it’s not limited to, designing, analyzing, auditing or evaluating inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment and conducting statistical analysis to assess products or materials to ensure they meet required standards and specifications.
- When CAs need to be developed to address NCRs, ensures that corrective measures are implemented, effective and meet acceptable quality standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Acts as backup of person who produces metrics reports; must train and learn how to generate metrics reports.
Required Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government SECRET clearance.
- Two or more years of relative engineering experience.
- One or more years of experience leading/conducting quality audits and knowledgeable of AS9100 requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or related technical field.
Desired Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as technical reports and briefings are routinely delivered to upper WSC and NASA management.
- Ability to work effectively with different levels of the organization (managers, supervisors, hourly associates, etc.).
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel—emphasis on pivot tables, macros and/or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)—, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, etc.
- Certified ASQ auditor.
- Six Sigma black belt or green belt.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.