- Develop maintainable automation framework (in-house built) for C++, Java & Web based applications using best industry standards.
- Maintain existing framework based on QTP and keep improving it.
- Develop automation that adheres to industry standards for code design, version control and documentation.
- Design comprehensive test plans and cases that cover functional and technical specifications, integration, compatibility, and performance.
- Assist other team members with maintaining and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Provide estimates for tasks needed to execute test plans.
- Perform functional, exploratory and negative testing, documenting test scripts.
- Ensure that test reports provide information needed to quickly assess overall results and efficiently investigate failures. Document defects with steps to reproduce.
- Understand testing objectives and priorities and work with other team members to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Set up test environments and ensure that specified test sets are correctly executing on the proper code branches.
- Participate in periodic release activities as required.
- BS in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in quality assurance area. Automation experience is a must.
- Minimum 3+ development experience using object oriented programming languages such as C++ or Java.
- Experience testing foreign exchange, financial trading or risk management systems preferred.
- Strong knowledge of VB Scripting, SQL, XML and FIX.
- Expertise with QTP (UFT) is a must; expertise with LoadRunner and/or Selenium is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and STLC.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks effectively in parallel.
- Able to work within an established team and be willing to take direction.