Partners across technology to bring engineering principles, testing best practices, and develop technology solutions, including test automation frameworks for Securian projects.
What you would do in this job:
- Build repeatable, robust, extendable, and maintainable automation frameworks. Provide guidance and review frameworks created by others, e.g. offshore.
- Provide leadership for the creation and implementation of ETQA quality strategies.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for ETQA associates to help them overcome complex testing technology issues.
- Make plans, communicate expectations/standards, and take actions to meet ETQA automation vision.
- Create processes and tools to assist ETQA associates to be successful in creating automated tests.
- Influence Enterprise Technology to adopt "shift-left" practices to find defects as early as possible.
- Stay updated on industry standards and best practices for automation and integrate into ETQA practices when appropriate.
- Partner with Innovation Labs and others to implement the ETQA Test Automation Strategy.
- Partner with business and development to help prioritize AppDev work to enable QA automation when appropriate, e.g., developing and exposing APIs.
- Provide guidance to ETQA managers to implement automation processes across projects.
- Assist ETQA associates in test data and environment management as needed to ensure success.
What we'd expect from you:
- 5+ years in creating Test Automation frameworks.
- 3+ years in Test Quality leadership.
Preferred skills for this job:
- WebDriver IO and/or Postman automated tool experience.
- Experience working with offshore resources.
- Experience creating and implementing test automation strategies.
- Computer Science or IT degree preferred.