We are hiring a Quality Assurance Engineer to contribute to our rapid product development pace. Our Engineers work collaboratively to set the technical direction for our SaaS products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion and commitment to quality software, loves learning new and emerging technologies, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses. We practice and value modern agile methods and a whole team approach to quality.
We have opportunities on our AppFolio Property Manager team in San Diego and Santa Barbara
- Conduct exploratory software testing to identify areas of improvement for our web-based applications
- Test new product features as part of our user story-driven, Agile/Scrum software development process
- Collaborate closely with software developers to resolve issues discovered during testing
- Coordinate across teams to ensure preparedness for each software release
- Assist in backlog grooming for upcoming development sprints
- Encourage and advocate team ownership of software quality
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical coursework and practical experience.
- 2 - 5+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Technology, or related fields. All work experience levels in QA Engineering welcome to apply.
- Analytical, organizational, and time-management skills with high attention to detail
- A commitment to quality, and an enthusiasm for testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with development teams and product owners
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development process in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Ruby on Rails