The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code and functional changes prior to release to production for TDA's Core Technology enterprise accounting application. The QA Engineer will work with the Core Technology teams to ensure all changes to our applications are tested adequately. The QA Engineer will be responsible for ensuring testing strategy and approach, test plans, test cases, defect management and execution follow all standards and are appropriate in an Agile methodology. The QA Engineer works collaboratively within the IT department and business unit to execute and validate test cases before changes are migrated to production. Over time, the QA Engineer is responsible for building technical expertise in our applications.
- Strong knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally in formal and informal settings.
- Provide input to agile team to prepare implementation timelines
- Participate in development of Test Data Strategy.
- Work with agile team to ensure business testing is adequate
- Submit, validate, manage and close defects.
- Create test cases according to standards – manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Engage application development in defect resolution
- Flag test cases appropriate for regression libraries
- Participate in test case Peer Reviews
- Update test cases based on Peer Reviews
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- May support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
- Become knowledgeable in the technologies used by Application Development organizations
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Technical skills can include Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, XML, Web Services
- Knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following automation tools – UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI.
- Experience writing and executing test strategies and plans, test requirements, test cases, test management and test methodologies.
- Knowledge of test repository or defect tracking systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
- Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs.
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Effective listening skills
- Financial services/brokerage experiencepreferred
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred