The Director of Software Quality Assurance leads a team of software testers and automation engineers to ensure that Experity’s products meet well-defined standards of quality. The role reports directly to the CTO and is empowered to establish the required thresholds our software must meet in order to be released. Qualified candidates recognize that QA is both a science and an art and is a distinct professional discipline that requires continuous learning and training. Their love and enthusiasm for quality assurance is contagious. They understand that “quality” includes performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, usability and security.
- Your number one responsibility is to lead our quality efforts to deliver great software on time, within budget in a way that is aligned with our strategy.
- Define, train, enforce and execute standards and compliance, results-based key performance indicators (KPI’s), root cause analysis and defect prevention techniques, test standards and reports.
- Hire, mentor and motivate a team of world class test engineers that promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Access product, compliance and operational risks and develop strategies that align with broader strategic objectives.
- Continually augment the team’s experiences and skills with appropriate training, technologies and techniques.
- Communicate an engaging quality mission to each key functional area to inspire proactive attention within Experity.
- Develop and execute a reliability strategy, ensuring that appropriate verification and validation testing are being executed to ensure functional requirements are met.
- Drive direction for manual and automated test strategies across multiple environments.
- Manage and improve development of automated test cases to increase reliability, predictability, and manageability of deployed solutions on on-prem and cloud environments.
- Develop standard processes to document software defects using a defect tracking system and regularly triaging defects; developing tools and reports to monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes
- Collaborate with software development leaders and teams to establish release criteria.
- Evangelize and be highly visible as the champion of quality.
- Work with CTO to define and continuously improve quality standards and processes.
- Accountable for overall team performance measured by execution on release commitments.
- Exhibiting thought leadership and clearly communicating complex thoughts.
- Fearlessly driven – results oriented, self-starter, self-educator and can navigate dependencies and resolve roadblocks independently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar educational/experience equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience of testing and release management in a dynamic, fast-paced Microsoft Windows based environment with a strong focus on test automation.
- Strong experience in design, creation, and execution of automated test cases across all stages of product development.
- Strong experience in developing test plans and test cases by analyzing user stories, participating in design reviews, and collaborating with the development teams
- Minimum of 5 years quality assurance management with proven success in delivering large and complex software projects supporting multiple engineering teams.
- Strong SW Development Life Cycle (SDLC) background and experience, familiarity and direct experience with Agile development methodologies, including SCRUM, KANBAN and XP practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS) along with direct experience with PHI, HIPAA and HITRUST requirements.
- Solid experience working with modern test automation technologies such as Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Junit, REST Assured etc.
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS).
- Experience hiring, mentoring and coaching top quality engineering talent.
- Lead by example in a player-coach role.
- Ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, time-sensitive initiatives.
- Wide and lateral communication skills with the ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record in encouraging innovation, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization and managing diversity.