Seeking an experienced quality assurance analyst, with experience in the field of healthcare software development and claims data analysis. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for creating a test framework for automation for BHI products while also analyzing application business requirements, developing test plans, performing data integrity and quality checks, validating data logic, and conducting full spectrum of quality assurance testing. The resource will have a functional understanding of the products and solutions, particularly how the data is presented and managed within those products and solutions.
- Engage with Product Management and Development Management learning in Software Lifecycle to ensure QA communications is represented throughout for the products they help manage.
- Improve upon the automation test framework by supplying updated processes and knowledge to improve automation coverage of all products.
- Analyze requirements and develop test plans that address areas such as database impacts, user software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Access databases and perform SQL queries, to perform data integrity checks and validate logic of data inputted into databases to the displaying of the data in a web application within the testing life cycle.
- Understand formulas designed by Business Analysts to ensure the development team has implemented them correctly in the code and how the data is represented.
- Use query techniques and available tools, against our product and enterprise data warehouse system, to identify and analyze data quality issues.
- Responsible for reviewing the referential and historical integrity of product and data warehouse information.
- Analyze application requirements to understand what is needed to set up for a system under test including hardware setup, user setup, and data analysis.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, or logs.
- Record/Track found defects in supplied QA software tool(s).
- Communicate clearly with fellow team members and peers in other departments while keeping supervisor informed of all progress or impediments immediately.
- Build an automated use case database that can be used for regression testing in the future to insure results are as expected with future releases of the software.
- Ability to understand the potential impact of future changes to the base commercial product and build appropriate test cases to insure future features work as expected and do not adversely affect features and functionality already in pace.
- Ability to build test cases to validate security roles function as expected.
- Work with developers to understand product customizations being released to appropriately test these customizations and perform regression testing to insure these customizations do not adversely affect outcomes.
- Document and communicate defects to product development to insure resolution.
- Ability to understand and test advanced visualization methods, including graphic and mapping capabilities
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Quality Assurance Analyst Role.
- At least 5 years working with software development life cycle and knowledge of testing aspects of the cycle along with best practices for client data testing.
- Ability to use tools in the Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or 2007, Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of healthcare data, having experience working with health care claims
- At least 1 year working with automation tools such as QTP, TestComplete along with knowledge of best practices.
- Management Studio 2008, Visual Studio's Team Foundation Server 2010.
- Advanced SQL querying skills.
- Ability to work with databases Microsoft SQL Server2008, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
- At least 2 years of dB Visualizer and Vertica experience.
- At least of 1-year JIRA
- Is familiar with SOC 2 compliance and its impact on company policies and processes
- Understands importance of adhering to SOC 2 requirements, and maintains an effort to do so
- Familiarity with Qlik technologies, or other BI/data discovery tools.
- Familiarity with Data Robot
- Bachelor's Degree in the fields of Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Mathematics orStatistics or related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity It is the policy of BHI to provide equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by the federal, state or local laws