Novolex™ employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Continuous Improvement & Quality Assurance Manager
Bagcraft® Packaging, a Novolex™ company, is looking for a Continuous Improvement & Quality Manager for the Norcross Bagcraft location. This position provides proactive leadership, strategic direction, and support in the areas of Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Continuous Improvement & Quality Manager will inspire, lead, and execute strategic initiatives that enable optimum safety, quality, sanitation, productivity, and delivery and cost performance within the operations of the facility.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Develop, deploy, and manage all Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance policies, programs, processes and procedures.
- Stimulate and cultivate “a zero incident mentality” throughout the facility.
- Maintain Global Food Safety Initiative SQF Level 3 Certification.
- Provide consultation and direction to ensure Quality System programs, processes and procedures are implemented successfully and function as designed throughout the operation in order to ensure the quality and integrity of manufactured products and services.
- Serve as SPA for annual and periodic 3rd-party product safety/sanitation audits.
- Document standards and specifications for processes, products, and test procedures.
- Assess and evaluate facility personnel and make recommendations to the Plant Manager regarding strategies to remedy training, skills, or performance deficiencies.
- Develop, administer, and institutionalize cost effective strategies to maintain superior manufacturing hygiene audit scores in each facility; ensure strategies solidify a hygienic culture into the daily activities of each operation; serve/act as the POC and interface with all customers regarding related matters.
- Promote quality concepts and principles throughout the organization by facilitating the Quality Lead Team, and by providing guidance and leadership for the development and administration of a Total Quality Management System.
- Lead and direct the overall Continuous Improvement Process for the facility by providing training to the organization on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools (5S, Kaizen, SMED, Design for Lean, etc.)
- Ensure safety is considered in all appropriate business activities and hazards are documented prior to facility, equipment, process or materials changes or modifications.
- Facilitate and teach process improvement and problem solving using Lean/Six Sigma principles and root cause analysis; gain results through people strategies.
- Plan and assist in the execution of various Lean events targeted toward improving the business performance in all areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Constantly strive to eliminate waste and improve customer satisfaction via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Design, implement and institutionalize “best practice” quick change procedures and processes.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with Business Unit colleagues.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Peer Relationships
- Other Competencies Required: Priority Setting, Interpersonal Skills, Motivating Others, Problem Solving, Managing Diversity, Sizing up People, Composure, Management, Delegation, Developing Direct Reports, Listening, Influencing without Authority, Dealing with Ambiguity, Business Acumen
- Bachelor of Science Degree in business or technical discipline, i.e. Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years hands-on Lean implementation experience and/or training in a manufacturing Lean Environment. An intellectual understanding of Lean Manufacturing (Certification) and/or Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing TQM, ISO, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is preferred.
- Quality Assurance experience preferably in a paper-converting environment is preferred.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Certified Black Belt or Certified Green Belt preferred.
- Working knowledge of General Management Practice compliance is preferred.
- Proven technical leadership with the ability to utilize structured problem solving methods to deliver results.
- Demonstrated competence to work and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with willingness and ability to learn new systems.
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community