AGCO is currently seeking a Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement Manager to be located at our Baltimore Assembly Center located in Edgewood, MD. Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement responsible for overseeing all quality assurance and continuous improvement activities for the N.A. Assembly Center organization with facilities in Edgewood, MD, LaPorte, TX, and DuPont, WA. The position will report to the Director of Operations and be a vital member of the Assembly Center Leadership Team. The QA/CI Manager will ensure AGCO quality standards are met across all facilities as well as driving continuous improvement initiatives to the targeted benefits. The manager will lead a team of QA/CI Leads located at all three Assembly Center Sites.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Edgewood, MD area for this position. Additionally, 15-20% travel may be required for this role.
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Provide strategic quality and continuous improvement related leadership for all assembly centers sites located in Edgewood, MD, Houston, TX and Tacoma, WA.
- Manage and lead team of QA/CI engineers and technicians across all three sites.
- Create and deploy standard work instructions and routings with production specifications to drive consistency and reliability.
- Identify and deploy technology solutions within assembly process to improve work flow, efficiency, and material handling.
- Drive development of a standardized quality manual and associated documentation.
- Lead all NPI launches and new product readiness activities as well as assist in the design and development of production processes to ensure quality and reduce cost in the product.
- Assess and review quality audit data for trends and issues.
- Define and refine requirements of necessary inspection procedures (product operation, certification and test procedures) to ensure product standards are met prior to shipment.
- Identify, initiate, and drive continuous improvement programs to meet targeted improvements
- Communicate and coordinate improvement actions with targeted suppliers.
Required Qualifications of the Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement Manager:
- 5 - 7 years of experience in manufacturing/assembly management.
- Formal training and practical experience in Quality, Lean, and/or 6 Sigma principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in presentation and proposal development for senior leadership.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Direct experience with capital improvement planning and business case development.
Additional Requirements Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Hands on experience manufacturing Industrial, Automotive, or Agricultural vehicles.
- 6 Sigma or Quality (i.e. ASQ) certifications relating to a production environment.
- Understanding of and facilitation of EHS practice principles.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 principles relating to an assembly environment.
Education of the Quality Assurance & Continuous Improvement Manager:
- 4 yr degree in Operations, Quality Management, Mechanical System, Industrial Management, and/or Business Administration