Needed: Quality Assurance / Business Analyst w/automation testing in Visual Studio 2017 VSTS; Full-Time/Permanent $85k-$100k/yr + benefits; Chicago, IL 60604
Title: QA / Business Analyst w/automation testing in Visual Studio 2017
Skills: QA / Business Analyst w/Visual Studio Automation testing-VSTS; Functional/Regression/Load/Security Testing; automated test script development, TFS, GIT, Requirements Gather, Use Case, Workflow Analysis
Functions: Functional, Regression, Load & Security Testing utilizing Visual Studio 2017's VSTS, Business Analysis, Use Cases development, Process Mapping, Requirements gathering
Location: Chicago, IL 60604
Interviews: In Person only
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time Hire, ~$85k-$100k/yr + a robust benefits package
Needed: QA Analyst / Business Analyst w/automation testing in Visual Studio 2017 VSTS; Full-Time/Permanent Position ~$85k-$100k/yr; Chicago, IL 60604
*Please note that this is a Full-Time/Permanent Position, U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.*
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for an experiences QA / Business Analyst with automation testing experience building automated test scripts in Visual Studio 2017 VSTS. Your skills are needed to assist large company Residential Property Management Firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. with a complete rewrite of their existing website and all the services it uses to deliver content on their over 180 properties to their users. The rewrite will be done using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies and leveraging Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server, and Azure. Familiarity with TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Git for source control are expected. Qualified candidates will be called upon to work in a dual QA (70%)/ BA (30%) capacity, collaborating with the development team, business, marketing, and other senior members of leadership.
While your primary responsibilities will focus on developing and implementing automation strategies, test plans, standards and processes, including automated testing scripts to address scalability, usability, reliability, and functionality, you will also assist in the facilitation and translation of business systems requirements into actionable technical design specifications. Activities will include:
Quality Assurance Activities:
- Design, develop, maintain, and run automated test suites and detailed test scripts to perform functional testing of applications based on business requirements.
- Work with development team to develop automated test plans, test cases and strategies.
- Participate in all aspects of automated testing, including functional, regression, load and security testing
- Track and report test execution status and effectively document defects, including reproduction cases/data/environment.
- Partner and effectively communicate with project stakeholders and programmers.
- Participate in review of product requirements specifications, providing feedback and guidance on required use-case detail.
- Able to work both independently and with a team, potentially with minimal supervision.
Business Analyst Functions:
- Create Use Cases and workflows to define and describe interaction of participants.
- Lead the software requirements gathering and documentation effort interacting with stakeholders.
- Understand and articulate both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Support both end user features and core platform needs such as the ability to scale both vertically and horizontally.
- Assessing feature requests and bugs coming into the app dev team queue.
- Communicate clearly business objective and efforts being performed to accomplish them.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in Quality Assurance and Business Systems Analysis required
- 3 years (minimum) of test automation/design experience in Visual Studio and working knowledge of relational database systems. Please note that the client uses the test harness that comes with Visual Studio to drive both manual testing and unit tests which are deployed both locally and in Azure
- Visual Studio 2017 VSTS Testing (Unit testing, load testing, automated testing, database testing and code coverage) is a major plus!
- Must have the ability and experience writing SQL queries for creating, updating, and analyzing test data.
- Must be able to write and execute automated testing scripts for functional, and regression, load and security testing.
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Git for source control
- Experience testing in Agile Environment/Scrum is preferred.
- Familiarity with testing in Visual Studio 2017 is a plus.