RiskIQ is the leader in digitalthreat management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Shawnee, KS.
RiskIQ created this job to increase the quality of our products and releases and to free ensure that user stories are verified from a business perspective before they are released.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for delivering superior, well-tested software to Production by following Software Lifecycle Development (SDLC) and Agile/Lean Methodologies and is responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize the value of producing a high-quality product throughout the entire SDLC.
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Create test plan, Test cases, and automation based on user stories and true business intent.
- Conduct test case and test script reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture functionality.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written form.
- Continuously make improvements to agile process, testing practices and QA methods.
- Leads the development of automated test scripts to support end to end regression testing.
- Effectively engages with stakeholders at the beginning of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to gathers automation requirements and builds automation into the delivered solution prior to sign-off.
- Expand existing or introduce new automation frameworks to support implementation and execution of automated tests.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices, tools, development processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experienceworking with Automation testing tools (Selenium, SoapUI, Postman and REST Assured).
- Familiarity with automation framework and concepts
- Experience with source control systems such as Git.
- Experience in development methodologies and types of testing (e.g., Functional, System Integration, Regression etc.)
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate well with all functional levels within the organization.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Should be capable of leading and also working with the team on automation activities.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and SQA best practices.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the underbelly of the Internet. We detect and expose malware, viruses, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, among other things. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the domain knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We are a company on the uptick - We have a proven business model: we were profitable after our first year of business, and we continue to grow our profits year over year. Our client list reads like the Hollywood A-list of tech and financial Fortune 500 companies.
- Talent begets talent - Our founders are the reason people join us. Our CEO is a respected industry expert whose domain knowledge is unbelievably vast, and our CTO exudes knowledge, skill, and a tremendous work ethic. Both sweat knowledge from their pores, and it's all yours if you're able to soak it up.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small and we are growing. You will be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle - new career development opportunities constantly pop up given our growth rate. Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Or architect a big data back-end to double our storage and increase our analysis capabilities to triple figure terabytes? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You will have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.