The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer position is responsible for developing and maintaining the software automation framework needed to testing N-Tier applications, front end web applications and web services developed by Konica Minolta's Solutions Engineering Center (SEC). Candidate may also be required to develop QA Test Plans, generate QA Reports, and conduct software application training as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Create/setup automation testing frameworks to evaluate N-Tier applications, front end web applications and web services with an agile development environment.
- Develop automation test framework and test cases for functional, performance and regression test execution.
- Interpret functional requirements and design documents to plan, develop, write, and execute application functional and data validation automation test plans and test scripts.
- Maintain automated tests and test framework.
- Work with developers, project managers, technical writers, and other individuals to collect all information necessary to create effective QA Functional Test Plans and automation scripts.
- Integrate software testing tools with software build environments to automatically execute the automation test scripts as part of post build process.
- Ensure all automation testing produces accurate pass/fail reports.
- Continuously research automation test standards and implement "best practices" when designing/implementing the automation testing frameworks that will be deployed/utilized for testing all software solutions.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Solid understanding of one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java , C#, VBScript)
- Experience in developing API test scripts.
- Experience with Agile development & testing methodologies.
- Experience in N-Tier client server, web applications and web services testing.
- Ability to identify critical and complex areas in the system for testing.
- Experience writing SQL queries to retrieve data verify database tables.
- Experience in writing quality documentation and reports.
- Experience with evaluating software applications on Windows, Macintosh, UNIX and Linux platforms.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel.
- Fluent with various web browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Certification in Software Quality Assurance is a plus.
- Experience with bug reporting and tracking systems.
- Knowledge of source control systems such as CVS, Subversion, or GIT is a plus.
- Knowledge of PC networking and Network Operating Systems is a plus.
- Networking training or certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Printer Description Languages (PCL/PostScript) is a plus.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Information technology, etc.) OR 5+ years of work related experience.
- Experience with an automation testing framework, such as Selenium or Microsoft Visual Studio Test Automation using Coded UI and C# scripts.