The Quality Assurance Analyst tests and quality assures all programs, application modules and products of moderate to high complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques. The QA Analyst provides support for various modules to customers, peers and management with diagnostic troubleshooting assistance and strives to further organizational and company goals.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
- Test and validate program modules to meet specifications and standards.
- Conduct thorough and accurate testing of client/server and web-based applications.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate releases prior to distribution.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases for all testing assignments.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Provide guidance to new and existing staff in developing QA skills.
- Assist in the identification of new procedures, methods and/or tools to improve the efficiency of the QA process.
- Assist in the design and requirements for new products.
- Provide analysis and consulting support for development and support employees.
- Assist in the training of other QA staff through formal classes when new processes are introduced to help ensure consistency throughout the department.
- Gain proficiency in multiple Munis productsand multiple product teams.
- Identify manual test cases for test automation.
- Execute automated test scripts and evaluate results.
- Stay abreast of changes in the company's computer environment including such areas as operating systems, utilities and hardware.
- Remain up-to-date with QA industry standards, principles and practices.
- Work directly with clients for gathering information to be used for product design or for diagnosing urgent issues.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, computer science or comparable work experience.
- Two or more years' of Tyler software or related experience.
- Two or more years' of experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices.
- Three or more years' of computer related experience in the fields of training, support or testing
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to earn QA certification from accredited organization with 2 to 3 years from time of accepting position.