As a successful QA Analyst, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, learning and understanding assigned areas of functionality as necessary to properly test software changes/enhancements.
- Reviewing user requirements and documents.
- Developing and executing test scripts/cases based on business and/or functional requirements.
- Identifying, reporting, documenting and tracking defect/bug issues.
- Validating that the user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Reporting clearly the status of assigned tasks and testing efforts to managers and business stakeholders.
- Capturing, analyzing, and summarizing test results.
- Completing work successfully within allotted timeframes.
- Assisting with documenting product functionality for both internal and external users.
- Working with development staff, business analysts and QA team to determine appropriate fixes to identified bugs.
- Assisting in planning of the testing approach and determining level of effort to complete the software testing.
- Identifying risks to test plan and suggest alternative solutions in order to maintain quality and timeline.
- Assisting the QA Manager and/or other departments with projects as needed.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- Familiarity with a range of standard QA testing methodologies (smoke testing, functional testing, negative testing, regression testing, ad hoc testing, etc).
- Knowledge of SDLC (agile, waterfall, etc).
- Clear knowledge of and experience with standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience interacting with technical relationships with other departments.
- Ability to develop test cases and plans for business requirements.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues.
- Considerable experience testing integrated systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate a high-level of accommodation and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment of constant change; able to perform well under pressure and deadlines.
- The Ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Desire to consistently grow and develop your career.
- 1-3 years experience in Software Quality Assurance or technical testing role.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Basic understanding of some or all of the following languages and technologies: C#, .Net XML and XSL, Web Services
- Basic understanding of networking and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience testing enterprise applications in a C# .NET environment
- Experience with test tools (SmartBear preferred)
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you'll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company.
Our Total Rewards Package Includes:
- Competitive market pay based compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
- 401(k) with discretionary match
- Fun company culture, with monthly employee engagement activities, that empowers team members and rewards outstanding performance
- Great location in beautiful Hunt Valley
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!