Description: As a Quality Assurance Analyst in Compliance, you will have the primary responsibility for quality assurance testing of the firm's compliance and supervisory systems. This position supports the department's technology solutions and system controls. The successful candidate will assist compliance and supervisory system technology play an integral role in ensuring compliance with new industry regulations as the firm adopts new products and continues our evolution of solutions-based advice.
- Participate in the requirements gathering stage of technology projects.
- Translate system requirements into written test scripts.
- Execute system test plans in coordination with project timelines.
- Coordination of certain project tasks under the direction of a team leader and/or project leader.
- Adhere to pre-defined procedures for effective quality assurance and project management.
- Assist with monitoring, tracking and communicating progress of project test plans.
- Ensure systems are functioning as designed by performing ad hoc system tests.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experience with quality assurance (system testing) in a technology environment.
- Demonstrated technical accuracy, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to employ systems thinking; able to identify how changes to one part of the system impact another part of the system(s).
- Familiarity with IBM Quality Center (QC) strongly preferred
- Financial services industry experiencepreferred
- Series 7 and 66 preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degreepreferred
- While the majority of the responsibilities will be accomplished during normal business operating hours, at times the position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as required by the project plan.
Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are ineligible for this position.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any otherfinancial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- Edward Jones ranked No. 5 in the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 2017
- In 2016, Fortune Magazine ranked us seventh on their list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women. The list is based, among other things, on employee benefits, flexible scheduling and work-life balance.
Fortune and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products or services of Edward Jones.