The Quality Assurance Analyst will follow the lead of the QA Team leader. The Quality Assurance Analyst will have a solid understanding of the various Quality Assurance practices including but not limited to (understanding of SDLC, creation of testing documents, testing methodologies including but not limited to system integration, regression, black and white box, smoke and sanity). Also, the Quality Assurance Analyst will be expected to mentor junior members of the team in a limited fashion.
- Works closely with teams, (developers, architects, business analysts) from other disciplines in order to effectively test projects/issues.
- Works closely with Business Analyst (BA) and Development team members to ensure projects delivered are on time and as free of defects as possible.
- Develop strong documentation that proves the quality of an issue(s) under review. This documentation includes but isn’t limited to testing plans, test strategies, test cases and/or testing matrix.
- Build a deep understanding of the products that will require scrutiny for quality assurance.
- Work closely with the BA team in order to accurately define if requirements are feasible based upon current product structure.
- Application of testing methodology/methodologies to most successfully ensure quality on a given project.
KNOWLEGEDE & SKILLS
- Collaborative development with the other disciplines within information systems (development, business analysts, database, multimedia).
- Organization and Interpersonal skills - Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Passion for defining details and constantly looking for flaws within our system/projects in hopes to define a better product.
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate projects to determine best approach/methodology to ensure delivery of a quality project.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Highly self-motivated and delivery focused.
- Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach.
- Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business and demonstrates understanding of the context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Business Administration, Technology or related field OR equivalent experience.
4-6 years of post BS progressive experience in computer science or related field of experience