Job title: Quality Assurance Analyst/SR
Job Location: 601 W. Jackson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Client is seeking to contract a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to work on their Restitution, Fines and Reimbursement (RFR) project. Candidates should be available for an interview upon request and should be available to start working ASAP.
The RFR project is a rewrite/redesign of an existing financial application. The new system is being developed in the latest Microsoft .net technologies including but not limited to .net 4.5, AngularJS, CSS, MVC design pattern, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and entity framework.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst Contractor will be responsible for working closely with the other members of the QA & development team to gain an expert knowledge of the system design, develop test plans, develop test scripts and test the quality of software products.
• Develops test plans
• Documents test procedures
• Writes test scripts to fully test all components of the new system
• Writes test scripts to fully test integration between components and related systems
• Executes test scripts and ensures the system meets requirements
• Performs data quality validation
• Documents software quality issues/defects
• Works with the development team to resolve software quality issues
• Identifies usability issues during testing and works with the development team to mitigate
• Ability to gain expert knowledge of business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements
• Experience in both waterfall and agile development methodologies
• Extensive experience with developing and executing quality assurance test scripts
• Experience testing enterprise level web applications providing users with a desktop look and feel
• Experience with testing high-level financial applications with complex calculations
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills when working with both technical and non-technical people
• Strong working experience in Microsoft Transact SQL and Enterprise Manager for reviewing data quality
• Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Preference given to someone with the additional capabilities
• Ability to review and understand stored procedure code
• Experience with VSTS Tester Edition
• Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
• Provide their own development software (Visual Studio 2010 with MSDN subscription) in order to have access to the necessary development resources.
Additional notes from manager:
• Top 5 skills needed: Financial Systems, SQL Query, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, Visual Studio
• Top 3 nice to have skills: Familiar with Angular, Stored Procedures, UI Design
• How many years of experience is wanted vs how many years of experience is needed at a minimum: 8years – 6years
• What are some details on the team they are working with? I.E small/large team, what types of projects, how many other QA’s will they be working with: 10 – 12 members
• Besides skills, what are some of the soft skills the team is looking for?: Documentation on processes
Waiting for your prompt response.