We are looking for Quality Assurance Analyst for our client in St. Paul, MN
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Location: St. Paul, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Quality Assurance Analysts are needed to bring several active, high visibility projects to successful completion to enable the System Modernization technical solution to be deployed and fully operational.
- The Quality Assurance Analysts will be responsible for performing all testing activities for the System Modernization IT portfolio of projects
- The successful candidates must have the experience to assume the role of Quality Assurance Analysts on large and technically complex (new and active) projects which impact current processes, create detailed test plans and test cases, execute test cases for all phases of testing, communicate effectively—both verbally and written—with all resources involved in a project, and accurately report defects in a timely fashion while managing multiple priorities and fostering an environment of team building and coordination.
- The Quality Assurance Analyst will mentor and supportother team resources, Educate and enforce the use of the QA processes and methodologies within the project teams.
- Work with appropriate resources in defining testable Requirements and/or Use Cases and Acceptance Criteria.
- Have a complete understanding of all functional and technical requirements and use cases.
- Have complete understanding of the Design document to ensure the design complements the Requirements. Approve Design document if asked to perform project QA lead duties.
- Escalate any challenges to the appropriate resources in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing the overall scope of the testing effort.
- Complete required QA documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Receive appropriate approval and sign-off for all testing documentation.
- Execute all test cases according to the Test Plan, or explain (in Test Closure) why risk-based / priority testing was executed
- Work with the appropriate resources to define and write Functional and Technical Testable Requirements (Waterfall) and/or User Stories and Acceptance Criteria (Agile).
- Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the Level of Effort (LOE) estimate for all testing activities within the project.
- Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the Test Strategy.
- Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the QA Test Plan.
- Work with project QA Lead, Business Analysts, Developers, and/or DBA’s in defining and writing detailed and reusable Functional, System Integration, and Regression test cases and completing Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Assist the Performance Engineer in determining business flows to be scripted and utilized in Performance / Load testing.
- Assist the Automation Engineer in determining test cases to be scripted and utilized in smoke / regression testing.
- Document all defects in the defect tracking tool in an accurate manner and within 24 hours.
- Escalate all challenges to the appropriate resource(s) within 24 hours.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Attend the Defect Triage and Review meetings.
Mandatory Qualifications (A):
- B.S. or B.A. degree (4year)
- Associates degree (2year) with five (5) years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst, and
- Five (5) engagements in a Quality Assurance Analyst role, each with a different organization and each lasting a minimum of six (6) months.
- Three (3) years combined experience, from 2010 forward, with benchmarking programs and reporting of analytical data using Business Intelligence tools.
Mandatory Qualifications (B):
- Computer Science or Information Technologydegree
- Experience with defect management, defect resolution and affiliated toolsets
- Experience with multiple concurrent QA projects
- Experience estimating QA work effort, developing test strategies, test plans, traceability matrices, test cases and final quality assurance reports
- Experience with different testing types: Data, schema, integration, system, functional, Business Objects, black box, grey box, acceptance, and regression
- Experience writing and executing SQL query commands, and experience with data model, source data, SQL Server Integration Services, Business Intelligence, datasets, data analytics, data reports, data security, data packages, views and cubes, BI Query, Tableau, SaS, GeoMapping