Quality Assurance Analyst
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Quality Assurance Analyst ?for our client in St Paul, MN
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Location: St Paul, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The successful candidates must have the experience to assume the role of software Quality Assurance Analysts on large and technically complex (new and active) projects which impact current processes, create detailed test plans and test cases, execute test cases for all phases of testing, communicate effectively— both verbally and written—with all resources involved in a project, and accurately report defects in a timely fashion while managing multiple priorities and fostering an environment of team building and coordination.
- The Quality Assurance Analysts will mentor and support other team resources on established Quality Assurance Best Practices.
- Educate and enforce the use of the QA processes and methodologies within the project teams.
- Have a complete understanding of all functional and technical requirements and use cases.
- Have complete understanding of the Design document to ensure the design complements the Requirements. Approve Design document if asked to perform project QA lead duties.
- Escalate any challenges to the appropriate resources in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing the overall scope of the testing effort.
- Complete required QA documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Receive appropriate approval and sign-off for all testing documentation.
- Execute all test cases according to the Test Plan, or explain (in Test Closure) why risk-based / priority testing was executed.
Mandatory Qualifications (A)
- B.S. or B.A. degree (4year): Provide name of school, name of degree and graduation year
- Associates degree (2year): Provide name of school, name of degree and graduation year – with five (5) years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Five (5) engagements in a Quality Assurance Analyst role, each with a different organization and each lasting a minimum of six (6) months.
Mandatory Qualifications (B)
- Four yeardegree (Provide name of school, name of degree and graduation year)
- Experience successfully implementing agile/scrum methodology to a QA project
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Testing model, and experience with Jenkins or Octopus tools or similar
- Experience with web services / API testing, including the use of tools such as SOAPUI and Junit
- Experience writing and executing SQL query commands
- Experience with Mainframe testing
- Experience creating the following documentation: Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Final Test Report
- Experience as a Software QA Lead