Quality Assurance Analyst
5 - 7 years experience •
The Quality Assurance Analyst is primarily responsible for testing all software products that are either built in-house or configured on the cloud. The analyst partners with internal stakeholders to plan, test, and implement all software changes to ensure that products conform to the desired quality standard. The Analyst is accountable for defects and ensures that systems are operational and client ready. The Analyst will automate software testing for all applications and systems in the Western Alliance portfolio, providing consulting expertise and leveraging business and technical knowledge to support testing strategies and deliver business value. Works with the QA Team to build and enhance test automation, creating data required to support the platform(s) and/or set of applications in terms of unit, integration, functional, acceptance, and performance testing. Works closely with technology and business product owners to ensure continuous support of business and IT strategic plan in software and system testing.
- Develops and maintains testing standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistency.
- Develops testing strategies and user acceptance testing plans, then prioritizes and executes testing according to the plan, partnering with distributed teams, outside vendors, and offshore testing partners.
- Creates and documents step-by-step test cases based on the technical & business requirements elicited by business analysts, developers, and engineers.
- Develops test scripts to automate manual repeatable time intensive tasks.
- Identifies, logs, and tracks defects discovered during testing. Provides reporting on defect tracking and escalates technical issues as needed.
- Plans, tests, and implements all changes to systems and process resulting from project work.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer information systems or another relevant area of study.
- 5 + years of experience in testing concepts, phases, and types of testing.
- Experience developing and executing test scripts and test cases at the required level of detail for each project/feature request.
- Technical experience in / knowledge of financial services industry.
- Knowledge of QA techniques and methodologies utilized in financial services domain.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; superior verbal and written communication skills.