CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We're creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Quality Assurance Analyst to carry out all quality assurance processes; developing test plans and test cases from functional specifications and business requirements, executing test cases, tracking system configuration defects and verifying the configuration fixes in FDR and/or FIS systems and/or files for Financial Institutions based on the client requirements, any data mapping documents, FD or FIS Manuals. This includes unit, integration, system, regression and UAT. This role partners closely with Business Analysts and Configuration Analysts. It is essential to ensuring on-time, on-budget, and accurate delivery of new and enhanced product configuration that meet or exceed client expectations.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Work closely with Analysts to write test plans, estimates and schedules to support configuration releases.
- Develop test plans and test cases from functional specifications and business requirements.
- Execute test cases that follow best practice standards (both manual & automation) producing documented results that determine the release readiness of products or features.
- Facilitate problem solving and troubleshooting of quality issues.
- Champion effective defect management best practices.
- Actively support CO-OP's strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
- Embrace CO-OP's culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
- Work with manager to identify a focus for learning, including new testing tools or techniques & testing certifications.
- Identify development opportunities and work with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Proactively pursue development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan.
- Manage learning plan and report on progress at quarterly coaching sessions with manager.
- Utilize templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that configurations meet client requirements.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to understand appropriate business requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address concerns.
- Execute quality assurance test scripts, plans and checklist. for complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Setup test labs as necessary working with the business on UAT testing.
- Ensure there is a full understanding of work effort, timelines and expectations.
- Assist in the development of defect tracking best practices.
- Research industry best practices.
- Review information pertaining to the payment card industry from Industry bulletins & partners with management to seek solutions for integration, including First Data Implementations/FIS Implementations and Certifications or Industry bulletins to meet company standards.
- Conduct quality assurance assessments, reporting the results of assessment, identifying trends, sharing best practices and developing action plans to continuously improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Accurately review team member's work through follow-up, peer review, or task/project verifications.
- Communicate and effectively provide feedback on validation results to staff.
- Embrace personal ownership of system review using most efficient method of monitoring those system changes/features.
- Partner internally with staff, clients, vendors, business partners and owners.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to Five years' experience testing client/server and web-based applications.
- Three to Five years' experience developing, implementing and documenting test plans and test scripts.
- Three to Five years' experience providing time estimates for application testing.
- Three to Five years' experience with established and proven software development methodologies and procedures.
- Three to Five years' experience documenting and managing clear and detailed issue reports.
- Three to Five years' experience communicating with technical staff and business end users.
- Three to Five years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Three to Five years' cards industry experience preferred.
- Three to Five years' experience in all phases of testing, documenting and communicating results. Specific experience working with current primary technology and software preferred.
- One to Three years' experience in the Quality Assurance/Testing Analyst Role for Configuration Management.
- Ability to perform usability testing according to industry standards. Experience conducting user interviews and meetings preferred.
- Experience performing user acceptance testing with the user community to verify it meets their needs preferred.
- Extensive CO-OP Department processes knowledge and minimum 3 year quality review experience at some level.
- Begin to understand QC Lead responsibilities around audit of processes.
- Creativity and the foresight to identify potential problems within the application and its configuration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to non-public business, financial and technological information, plans or data.
- Possess high motivation and self-direction, sound problem solving skills, decision making and multi- tasking skills.
- This position requires an individual who possesses problem solving abilities, organization, team leadership, risk management and a good understanding of overall CO-OP department processes.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.