Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retaildistribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Develop corrective actions
- Develop preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to manage time and organization of daily responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of Regulation E compliance
- 1-2 years of related work experience
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.