This position works closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other Product Development team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects to verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
- Ensure that new and existing product functionality are reliable, defect free and function as intended
- Create, document, verify and execute automated component-level to user acceptance test plans and test cases
- Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
- Participate in the development and reporting of test metrics; items such as test confidence and test coverage reports
- Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Work closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other QA team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects; verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
- Provide leadership among other Quality Assurance Analyst positions; facilitating a lead role in providing direction and working directly with the Product Development Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and SDLC
- Good communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Familiar with test automation and software and test management systems
- Some professional experience with Selenium
- Prior experience with Server and Client OS based technologies
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft’s Visual Studio and Team Systems
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree
- 5+ years’ experience in software Quality Assurance
- 3+ years’ experience in database testing with the ability to read, write, and execute basic SQL queries
- 1+ years’ experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
- Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in the software testing of multi-tier client/server applications
- Ability to understand software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager
- Innate project leadership; desires accountability and responsibilities to promote the success of our company
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic company environment and extremely tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction or as part of a team
- Client Focus- Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
- Results Oriented- Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.